Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Not Lost In Translation

This is a blog post I plan on sharing with my son in about five years. And then maybe again during his wedding. My son is only two years old, and clearly, he has not mastered the English language. (Of course, if you're reading this blog, you discovered that I have not mastered the English language either.)

Here are some of my favorite words my son uses and their definitions:

Lala = Banana

Hot sauce = Apple sauce. To my knowledge, GoGo Squeez does not make a Tabasco-flavored apple sauce.


Zeba = Zebra

Cheetos = Cheerios. Just wait until he discovers Cheetos and that they are a must tastier snack.

Dinotaur = Dinosaur

Bollypop = Lollipop. Maybe my son watches Indian movies at school.

For the letter H, my son says the name of a former teacher with a first name that starts with H. While it is still cute, I really hope he starts saying H by kindergarten.

Chips = Chips, pretzels, popcorn or any other salty snack.

Cake = Cookies, chocolate, muffins or any other sweet snack.

Daddy's bus = Bus. Every bus is Daddy's bus. You didn't know that I own the Blue Bird bus manufacturing company, did you?

No comments: