Monday, April 23, 2012

Steve Miller's Map


In 1976, the Steve Miller Band released the song Rock ‘N’ Me. This #1 hit features the following lyrics:

I went from Phoenix, Arizona
All the way to Tacoma
Philadelphia, Atlanta, L.A.

Northern California
Where the girls are warm
So I could be with my
Sweet baby, yeah

Assuming that Steve Miller’s final destination was San Francisco, California, this total trip is 7,662 miles according to Google Maps (see below).


View Larger Map

However, this doesn’t seem like the best way to get from Phoenix (the starting point) to San Francisco (the finish line) with stops in Tacoma, Philadelphia, Atlanta and Los Angeles. I think the most efficient trip is Phoenix to LA to Atlanta to Philadelphia to Tacoma to San Francisco (6,959 miles).


View Larger Map

Amazingly, going from Phoenix to Atlanta to Philadelphia to Tacoma to LA to San Francisco is only 9 miles more (6,968 miles).


View Larger Map

So is there a better way for Steve Miller to get from Phoenix to Northern California with the multiple stops? Stay tuned for the next post so that we can discuss the warmth of Northern California girls and if their temperature is greater than 98.6 degrees.

2 comments:

Ngewo said...

Hahaha, this is probably one of my favorite posts of all time. And I am being serious, this cracked me up.

Sean said...

Josh - Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed this.