Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Ted Marshall Open Champion

In one of the greatest achievements of my life, I won the 2010-2011 Ted Marshall Open! I’m sure you are in awe of this accomplishment and feel privileged to read the blog of a champion.* For those of you not familiar with the Ted Marshall Open, it is an annual contest to see who can guess how many television shows will be canceled (or not renewed) during the season. In my fifth year of participating in the Open, I finished first out of 87 entries. Not too shabby!

I’d like to thank CBS for making the excellent decision not to renew Bleep My Dad Says. ABC deserves credit for putting V out of its misery, even though I enjoyed the show and was intrigued to see a how a third season would begin after the show killed off several important characters in the season finale. Oh well.

Most of my selections this past season were shows that you probably never heard of unless you are a student of television or a Ted Marshall Open participant yourself. I did much more research than I probably should have, but it was worth it for a significant cash and prizes I’ll receive as the winner. Not sure why those cash and prizes haven’t appeared yet, but I’m sure they are in tomorrow’s mail.

I’m hoping to defend my title and become a repeat Ted Marshall Open champion. I encourage you to enter as it truly is a different way to watch television. For example, I don’t really like the commercials for a certain new show debuting on NBC this fall. I’m actively hoping that the network cancels the show after an episode to two. Doesn’t that sound like fun? (The answer is yes.) Besides, don’t you want to follow the action of how Two and a Half Men fares without Charlie Sheen? Are you curious about “throwback” shows like The Playboy Club, Pan Am and Charlie’s Angels?

Anyway, I hope that you'll join/challenge me by signing up for the 2011-2012 Ted Marshall Open TV death pool by August 31st.


* Please disregard the dozens of times when I was not a champion of fantasy baseball and football leagues.

No comments: