Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Seeking Pittsburgh Men

I can't wait to see what type of internet searches people use to find my blog based on the title of this post. Anyway, I received an e-mail from Nancy Mosser Casting about an open casting call for the movie "Magnus Rex" filming in Pittsburgh this summer. The film seeks men to play prisoners/thugs, guards, police officers, business men & women (I assume the film wants women for the business women roles) and sports fans. Open casting calls are taking place this Saturday, June 18th from 9AM-1PM and 2PM-5PM and Sunday, June 19th from 10AM-2PM and 3PM-6PM at the Omni William Penn Hotel downtown.

There's more information about this opportunity at the Smith & Webster-Davis Casting website.

I'm not sure if he wants me to share this, but my brother was an extra in the film Outside Providence starring Amy Smart and Alec Baldwin. My brother's role in the film catapulted him to movie stardom.



Could being an extra in "Magnus Rex" be your springboard to Hollywood? If so, please remember Sean's Ramblings when you make it big all because you saw the announcement of the open casting call here.

---

After I wrote this blog post, I decided to try to find more information about Magnus Rex. It turns out that Magnus Rex is really the new Batman movie, "The Dark Knight Rises." Everyone and their mom (does anyone still use this expression?) knows about the Batman movie and the auditions for this film. Darn it!

No comments: