Monday, May 16, 2011

You Had Me At Jadeworld

I recently received the following offer from DIRECTV:




Besides the fact that I couldn't read this promotion, I'm excited about the opportunity to get MandarinDirect and Tai Seng Entertainment. Of course speaking and understanding Mandarin would probably help.

Anyway, does DIRECTV assume that I speak Chinese (or is it Mandarin or Cantonese)? Is DIRECTV trying to encourage folks to learn other languages? Do they have some type of partnership with Rosetta Stone?

3 comments:

yinzrreadin said...

Or maybe they were trying to warn you about an impending takeover? I'm just sayin'.....

getfreshdesigns said...

I agree with yinzrreadin, it's a warning.

Sean said...

Is DirecTV owned by a Chinese company?

In regard to an impending takeover, I can't see sending direct mail as the way to do it.