Saturday, November 20, 2010

Random Ramblings

If you missed Alyssa Milano at the Penguins game last night, she will be at the Steelers Sideline Store at South Hills Village today from 1-2pm. Steelers Maurkice Pouncey and Emmanuel Sanders will be signing autographs at the same store from 3-5pm. I guess everyone will eat at the food court between 2-3. [Alyssa.com & Steelers.com]



Ithaca College is seeking a mascot [Ithaca College]

Congratulations to Ithaca (the city not the college) for being named one of "America's Foodiest Towns" by Bon Appétit magazine. [Ithaca Journal]

If you're looking to buy some cool and unique T-shirts, I recommend contacting Doug [Get Fresh Designs]

The Pittsburgh Steelers released kicker Jeff Reed earlier this week. I’m not going to provide an editorial or pile on, but check out this quote from Tuesday’s Pittsburgh Post-Gazette:

"I'm not one to make excuses," Reed said. "I'll take the credit for the miss. It was a great snap, a great hold, great protection. It's kind of hard when you plant your foot and the hole -- a piece of ground moves where the ball's under the holder. I almost missed the ball completely.

"I'm not going to make excuses. If you've played any kind of sports in your life, you realize that what we play on is not very good turf. It happens."

Um, isn’t that making excuses? You know, I’m not one to make excuses either. I missed the bus this week. My alarm didn’t go off, and then I couldn’t find my shoes. There weren’t matching socks anywhere. How can there be seemingly hundreds of socks in my drawer but not one pair of matching brown socks? Anyway, Ziggy was also very friendly and wanted to play. Plus, the bus arrived early. I’m not going to make excuses though.

Finally, don't forget to enter my new contest by Monday at 10pm where you can win a $75 gift certificate to use at any of the 200+ CSN Stores websites. All you need to do is post a comment on the "Brand New Contest" post.

No comments: