Monday, November 08, 2010

Rally To Restore Sanity

I'm all about current events here at Sean's Ramblings. For example, did you know that the Chilean miners got out successfully? I'm sure that you're hearing about that here first! Please join me in participating in the outstanding country cheer to celebrate, Chi-Chi-Chi; Le-Le-Le!*

Staying on the current events theme, I attended the recent Jon Stewart/Stephen Colbert Rally to Restore Sanity and/or Fear. I really don't have anything else to add from other accounts of the rally on the internet (for example, check out lacochran's great entry); however, my favorite part of the rally had to the dueling "Trains" between Yusuf Islam's (formerly Cat Stevens) Peace Train and Ozzy Osbourne's Crazy Train. Awesome!



* I hate to admit this but Chile's cheer is better than U-S-A. U-S-A.

1 comment:

Gilahi said...

If anyone had ever asked me, "What two performers are you LEAST likely to ever see performing on the same stage and ending up with their arms around each others' shoulders as they were leaving?", I think that "Cat Stevens and Ozzie Osbourne" would have been one of my possible answers. Sorry, "Yusuf and Ozzie". I still have a hard time with the new name, since he was Cat Stevens during my developmental years.

Great show, brilliant idea to put those two together. I loved it.