Monday, August 16, 2010

Found In My Basement

I am proud to introduce a new feature at Sean’s Ramblings. All this week (with the exception of tomorrow for Trivia Tuesday), I am sharing items found in my basement. I realize that this title could be a bit disturbing, so let me explain. My parents recently moved from my childhood home, so I inherited many items from my younger days. I thought I would share some of these items here.

The first items are autographed pictures of former Pittsburgh Pirates John Smiley, Jim Gott and Bill Madlock.



For some reason, I have what looks to be a photocopied picture of Junior Ortiz as well. Since there’s no autograph on the Junior Ortiz picture, I feel comfortable cutting part of his face out of the post. Anyway, if you can’t read the writing, John Smiley wrote “To Sean Best Wishes” while Jim Gott wrote “Sean Best Wishes.” There may be a theme to their messages. Bill Madlock just signed his name.

I wish that I had a great story about meeting these Pirates, but I don’t remember meeting them at all. I feel like I probably got these autographs from Smiley and Gott at some Giant Eagle grocery store appearance.

Tune in on Wednesday for the next edition of "Found In My Basement." Oh, you would be correct if you thought that this is a bit of a rip-off of PSAMP’s Great Moments In Unlicensed Pittsburgh Sports Merchandise.

No comments: