Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Randomness Part II

I still have a lot to write about, but I don’t think anything is worth a post by itself.

- “Phenomenon” debuts on Wednesday night on NBC. According to NBC’s description, the show is an intriguing and mystifying meeting of the minds on live television where famed mentalist Uri Geller and world-renowned mystifier (this can’t be a real word) Criss Angel conduct an intensive search for the next great mentalist. I think I’ll pass simply because I got sick of seeing the commercials during the Steelers game on Sunday night. Uri Geller’s eyes/stare is scary and Criss Angel needs to put on a real shirt.

- Remember the Taco Bell promotion I wrote about? It’s not really that good of a deal.

- If you haven’t heard, J.K. Rowling announced that Albus Dumbledore is gay. Here’s a discussion with Melissa Anelli of The Leaky Cauldron website from The Washington Post. Personally, this does not change the Harry Potter stories one bit, although it’s interesting that Rowling is revealing information about the characters outside the pages of the books.

- This is as good a place as any to mention my conversation with “Sloppy Drunk Penguin Fan” at a bar after the hockey game Saturday night. I walked over towards the television to see some college football scores, and this guy comes up to me asking about the Michigan-Illinois score. We talked for a minute or two as he managed to spill some beer on my shoe, and we figured out that we attended high schools close to each other. He then told me at least four times in about three minutes how he made an open field tackle against current Arizona Cardinal rookie Steve Breaston in high school. In addition, I learned that he and his friends came up with the nicknames “Uncle Gary” for Gary Roberts and “Big Dick” for Jordan Staal. According to SDPF, the Penguins players use those nicknames because of him and his friends. Um, yeah. Thankfully, one of my friends came up to me since he was leaving, which gave me a perfect excuse to walk away.

Actually, this conversation could have been a post on its own.

1 comment:

honeykbee said...

You have to pick up your taco between 2 and 5 pm on a Tuesday? That's bogus.