Thursday, December 14, 2006

Hockey Road Trip

If you could go on vacation anywhere in mid-December where would you go? Would Buffalo make the top 5? Maybe not, but that’s where I’m heading this weekend as part of Hockey Road Trip 2006. It starts tomorrow in Pittsburgh where the Penguins will face the New York Islanders. I’ll be in Buffalo on Saturday for the Sabres-Ottawa Senators game. Monday is the Detroit Red Wings and Columbus Blue Jackets in Ohio’s capital city. I haven’t done a road trip in several years, so I’m really excited about the vacation. Plus I’ll get to spend some time with good friends and family and see three hockey games in four nights. Including the Capitals-Penguins game I attended on Monday, it will end up being 4 games in 8 nights. What a nice way to start Hanukkah and the holiday season!

I’ll try to post some updates from the road, but I’m not sure if it will happen. We’ll see.

1 comment:

Messiah said...

Make sure to hit the Anchor Bar in Buffalo for the original Buffalo wings. Quite tasty. I still have fond memories of Bram getting a perma-ring of atomic sauce around his lips like some kind of hobo clown.