Monday, August 28, 2006

Slide

Over the weekend, I went to my first concert in probably four years to see Counting Crows and The Goo Goo Dolls. Much to my surprise, the Goo Goo Dolls put on a better performance (with the exception of the two songs sung by the guitar player and not by John Rzeznik). Two days later, I'm still amazed at this. I don't own any Goo Goo Dolls CDs, yet I knew almost every song they performed. Meanwhile, I didn't seem to know many of the Counting Crows songs, and they played a really odd version of Mr. Jones.

I have had the Bengals-Packers game on in the background as I've been typing this. Bengals Quarterback Carson Palmer is back and looks really good. That's good for the NFL and is even better for the Steelers-Bengals games. At least now we don't need to hear the "Palmer is hurt" excuse when the Steelers beat the Bengals!

No comments: