Wednesday, April 26, 2006

SiteScore

There's a British web development company called Silktide that provides feedback about websites. I'm sure that the company charges a good amount of money, but they offer a free tool called SiteScore which rates how well designed, popular and accessible your website is. Here are my results:

Marketing - 7.5
Design - 8.7
Accessibility - 6.8
Experience (How satisfying the website is likely to be) - 7.7
Overall - 7.2

Good Points/Bad Points:

* A Google search for "Sean's Ramblings" finds this website as #2
* This website is not very popular (approx #4,832,127 in the world) Look out #4,832,126; I'm gaining on you!
* This website appears to be in violation of the British Disability Discrimination Act. Will I be arrested if I travel there?

I don't know what any of this means, but it was fun. If you want to see the results for this site, click here.

2 comments:

Archi said...

heh...i just ran this test on my site with amusing results, which i will post sometime soon.

Sean said...

I'd like to see the results. This whole thing was pretty amusing to me.