Thursday, February 02, 2006

Other Sports

Surprisingly, there is more going on in the sports world than just the Steelers. For example, on Tuesday night, the Ithaca College Women's Basketball team erased a 22-point deficit in the final 6:30 of regulation to beat Oneonta in overtime. Ithaca’s rally from 22 points down was just two points shy of the largest margin ever overcome by a NCAA Division III team. In addition, my high school has four players who made verbal commitments or signed with Division I colleges for football. The colleges: Pitt, West Virginia, Akron and Notre Dame. Not too shabby.

NOOOOOO. I just went to the Post-Gazette to verify the colleges and saw that Troy Polamalu injured his ankle in practice today. Why didn't NBC cut into My Name is Earl or The Office to report about this? I will now be spending the next few hours trying to figure out how Troy is doing. Pittsburghers, what is going on?

No comments: