Thursday, April 28, 2005

Pop Culture Stuff

I hate to admit this, but I actually caught the last 2 minutes of American Idol last night. This guy with long hair was singing the Nickleback song "How You Remind Me," and he wasn't very good. How did he make it this far? At the same time, Paula Abdul cried more than when her marriage to Emilio Estevez ended (at least that's my guess). I'm so glad I don't watch this show.

Since I'm already talking about American Idol, I find it funny when the contestants get arrested, like in this case, where Bo Bice (is that a real name?) was arrested twice in the past four years on drug charges. Nice.

After watching and mentioning Life on a Stick last night, I've decided that someone from the show is going to have a monster career. I have no idea who or why, but it seems just random enough to happen. I mean, who would have predicted that Hilary Swank would have two Oscars after performing in "The Next Karate Kid" and 90210?

Would President Bush have done an address on national TV during the last season of Friends? I'm suprised he did it tonight at 8:00, right when Survivor started. Maybe he picked tonight because there was no National League baseball games.

No comments: