Friday, April 08, 2005

Pittsburgh Sports News

I haven't mentioned Pittsburgh sports recently, so I figured now would be a good time. I guess I'll start with the Pirates. They are off to an impressive 0-3 start after getting blown out in their first two games at home against the Brewers. Last night was at least close. They lost 1-0 in 12 innings at San Diego. I really want the Pirates to do well, but it's not going to happen this year. I hope that in me writing this, the Pirates will have a good year. After Tommy Maddox got hurt, I said that the Steelers were done. Then they won 15 in a row to reach the AFC Championship Game.

On to a different topic, Panthers basketball player Chris Taft declared for the NBA. Although his numbers aren't overly impressive, the NBA apparently likes his "potential." Because of the potential, it actually makes sense for him to leave now as opposed to staying at Pitt. With Carl Krauser probably also leaving (which makes sense since he's about to graduate and is 35 years old), Pitt may be playing like the Pirates next year.

Finally, in my quest for a new Steelers jersey, I have ruled out getting a Terry Long jersey after he has been accused of setting fire to a chicken plant.

No comments: