Monday, April 04, 2005

Morbid Thoughts

The biggest story across the country and around the world is obviously the death of Pope John Paul II. I started thinking if the death of any current living figure would match the coverage and affect around the world of the passing of Pope JP2. I should preface this by saying that assassination does not count because that adds a whole criminal/conspiracy element. I also want to point out that I do not want any of these people to die.

Here is my list:

President G.W. Bush
Former President Clinton
David Beckham
Kofi Annan
Madonna
Jennifer Lopez
Michael Jordan
Tony Blair
China's leader (I really should know this)

Except for President Bush, I'm not sure if anyone would exceed Pope JP2, partly because of the coverage and mystery involved in who will succeed him. Any thoughts or people I've missed?

No comments: