Friday, April 01, 2005

Heading to the Windy City

I am leaving for Chicago today for my fantasy baseball league draft. I will probably not have an opportunity to post anything this weekend. This is the 15th year of this league, the 14th in which I have been involved. I have known many of the people in the league since I was in high school (some even longer), so this has become an annual tradition. There's something really nice about being associated with the league for nearly half of my life. It's kind of scary thinking that I started in the league when I just started driving. Back in the day, we figured out stats by pencil and paper.

This may sound sentimental and I know I'll have a great time this weekend, but I really want to win this year!

So as I depart, two closing thoughts:

1. Happy April Fools Day!

2. Don't forget to set your clocks ahead on Saturday night/Sunday morning.

No comments: