Friday, April 22, 2005

Friday Night Shopping

What better way to spend a Friday evening than going to the grocery store? I'm only being a little sarcastic because the trip was to Wegmans, the greatest grocery store ever. Besides having everything, they also have the best Kosher for Passover section in Northern Virginia. I should probably mention that I don't like Passover food (who does?). I understand the meaning of Passover, but I would much rather have another one day Yom Kippur-type fast over the eight days of Passover.

Anyway, back to the shopping trip. Wegmans had Kosher for Passover products that I have never seen before. I have never seen Kosher for Passover pizza or blintzes (I actually bought the blintzes). There is also Kosher for Passover ketchup, waffles and syrup. Who is buying the waffles and syrup? You can go eight days without waffles. Fortunately, they were not selling Crispy-O's, the worst cereal known to man.

Here's something I never thought I would say...Wegmans was sold out of gefilte fish.

I also bought the 5-box pack of Matzah. It's not that I like Matzah or will come anywhere near eating all of it. The price of the 5-pack ($4) was cheaper than buying two individual boxes.

The total cost, $90. Ugh.

No comments: