Sunday, February 13, 2005

Grammy Ramblings II

Scroll down for Part I of my ramblings.

Is it bad that after Tim McGraw performed, they show the audience and only Faith Hill was giving him a standing ovation?

Way to go Grammys! Tim McGraw performed and then did NOT win the award he was nominated for.

Loretta Lynn and Jack White are an extremely odd couple.

They just showed Sheryl Crow and Lance Armstrong. She is wearing a yellow dress to match her yellow Live Strong bracelet. Definitely a tangent, but Lance Armstrong has won 6 Tour de France races, beat cancer and is now dating Sheryl Crow. I’d bet that he is best known for the bracelets.

U2 won for best rock performance by a group. While accepting the award, Larry of U2 apologized to the fans that waited in line and did not get tickets for their tour. Interesting statement.

Who would have ever thought that Slash, Norah Jones, Stevie Wonder and Brian Wilson would perform together?

To quote Dick Vitale, are you serious? John Mayer did not just win Song of the Year over Alicia Keys, Kanye West and Tim McGraw (and Hoobastank too). This has to be the upset of the night. Even bigger upset than Maroon 5 winning best new artist.

I don’t know how I missed this earlier, but Britney Spears won a Grammy for Toxic (extremely catchy song) in the dance category. Zach Braff also won a Grammy as the compilation producer of the Garden State soundtrack. I think that they are now tied for career Grammy wins.

This just in…Usher is a good dancer.

It’s past my bedtime, so I’m done for the night.

No comments: