Friday, August 18, 2017

Friday Video: Portugal. The Man.

There's a really good song getting major radio airplay (yes, I still listen to the radio) called Feel It Still by Portugal. The Man. (as opposed to Portugal. The Country.) Actually Cristiano Ronaldo, one of the two best soccer/football players in the world, is probably also known as Portugal. The Man.

While I don't understand the video or even the meaning of the song, I like it. (I'm really selling this, right?) One thing that jumps out is that the line "Oooooh, I'm a rebel just for kicks now" sounds very similar to "Oh yes, wait a minute Mr. Postman" from the 1960s Marvelettes' song Please Mr Postman. (Yes, I had to look up the name of the group.) Sure enough the writers of Please Mr Postman got writing credits here.

Enjoy!

No comments: