Friday, November 02, 2012

A Chunky Monkey Story

Although my wife doesn’t like being the subject of many blog posts, she thought that I should share this story about her recent trip to our neighborhood grocery store. (Actually, she told me this story, and I asked if I could post it.)

While waiting in the customer service line, the person in front of her started screaming at a store employee because they did not have Ben & Jerry’ s Chunky Monkey ice cream. Apparently, the woman visited this store a week earlier and found no Chucky Monkey ice cream. Several days later, although the store stocked other flavors of Ben & Jerry’s ice cream, there remained no Chucky Monkey. As a loyal Safeway customer, she was appalled at this injustice! She had a friend coming in from out of town and apparently, this friend could not live with Chunky Monkey ice cream.


I’m not sure how or if this situation was resolved but there is a Ben & Jerry’s store located about a mile from Safeway. In addition, there are other grocery stores (like Wegmans) within close proximity. I understand loyalty to a company or brand, but if you need something so badly, it's okay to go somewhere else.

I have a feeling that Safeway didn’t want her to be a loyal customer anymore.

No comments: