Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Happy Birthday Ziggy

Today marks Ziggy’s 4th birthday. While I know nothing about his birth or anything about his life prior to adopting him from the Fairfax County Animal Shelter in November 2008, it’s difficult remembering a time when he wasn’t in our home.


Ziggy has had to endure major life changes over the past year. First, he freaked out. While this fortunately turned out fine, my son is now mobile and loves Ziggy. Unfortunately, the love doesn’t translate into nice petting. We’re trying to teach our son "soft" and "gentle" in interacting with Ziggy, but he doesn’t seem to understand these concepts yet. Therefore, I sincerely appreciate Ziggy’s patience and awareness in knowing when to walk away or escape to higher ground.


Ziggy continues to be as loving as ever and regularly sleeps in our bed at night. He also always greets me at the door when I come home and usually flips over to get his stomach rubbed like he's a dog. There’s not a better feeling than coming home to a child and a cat who are visibly excited to see me.

So what does Ziggy think of his birthday and this blog post?


I guess he’s just resting now and waiting for his friends to call to go out and celebrate!

1 comment:

Nichole Fisher said...

Happy Birthday Ziggy!