Sunday, May 13, 2012

A Mother’s Day Birthday

Today is my birthday, so Happy Birthday to me! If you’re reading this on Sunday, Happy Mother’s Day too! Do you see what’s happening here? It’s my birthday, and I have to share today with every mom. Can’t I be a little selfish today and have my own day?

I was 4 the first time my birthday fell on Mother’s Day. To celebrate, I got chicken pox. Apparently, that ruined a big dinner and plans for the entire family. Maybe subconsciously, I didn’t want to share the attention.

I recently complained to a friend about this whole birthday-Mother’s Day thing. (I left out the previous paragraph and the whole chicken box thing.) She replied, “try having a Christmas birthday like me.” My complaining ended immediately.

Happy Mother’s Day everyone!

5 comments:

Ngewo said...

Happy Birthday!

Amy said...

OR an Inauguration Day birthday where everyone goes downtown for the festivities instead of spending time with you on your birthday :(.

Have a good one!

Anonymous said...

What about sharing your birthday with Passover like every other year?

lacochran's evil twin said...

Happy belated birthday!!!!

Sean said...

Thanks Josh & Lacochran!

Amy - Inauguration Day is only a big deal in DC, right? People might watch the ceremony on TV in other places, but you still have the rest of the day. Plus, are 2nd term inaugurations that big of a deal around DC? Did the 2nd inaugurations of Reagan, Clinton & Bush impact your birthday?

Anonymous - Sharing your birthday with Passover is only bad because you can't eat the foods you want. Unless it overlaps with a Seder, no one thinks Passover trumps a birthday.