Thursday, April 05, 2012

Kids "Playing" Soccer Video

Today is opening day for the Pittsburgh Pirates, so I'm writing a post about, um, kids soccer. I may have mentioned once or twice that I am a certified soccer referee. When I first started as a ref as a teenager, the games I worked were played by kids about the age of those in this video:



I can watch this all day. Both kids are unfazed, so I feel no guilt in laughing.

With a very young child, I don't ref as much as I used to, and these days I only work games played by teenagers or adults. If this happened in one of those games, someone would receive a red card and there would likely be retaliation meaning more red cards and possible chaos. Good times!

Personally, I think it would be fun to referee games of kids this age again. Instead, I'll probably be a soccer coach in a few years.

h/t Yahoo's Dirty Tackle

No comments: