Monday, March 12, 2012

Fisher Price Swastika?

My son received an amazing gift for the holidays, a Fisher Price laptop computer. Sure, he's not even a year old yet, but it is important that he becomes computer literate. It's a neat toy where he can learn numbers 1-9 in both English and Spanish among the fun and entertaining features.

However, there is one pattern that may be disturbing. Although it is extremely difficult to see, take a look at this nine second video.



Through the power of YouTube, I was able to isolate the screenshot.



What do you think? Does Fisher Price include a swastika as part of the pattern or is this more like the letter X?

4 comments:

Nichole Fisher said...

I see a pinwheel, I wouldn't have come up with swastika unless it was pointed out. I think it's just poor design.

Sean said...

Someone else mentioned the swastika to me, and it's really difficult to tell at normal speed. I think the screenshot gives Fisher Price the benefit of the doubt, but I agree with you that it is a poor design (at best).

getfreshdesigns said...

Fisher Price is evil, just like that dog.

Anonymous said...

I was so glad to find your post! I got this toy as a hand-me-down, & though my son & guest babies loved this toy, I had to get rid of it as soon as I discovered the pattern. It looks much more evident live than in the video or as a still shot, I think.