Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Ziggy Post

It has been almost two years since we adopted Ziggy from the Fairfax County Animal Shelter. He has been a wonderful addition to our lives, and I can’t imagine being without him. Yes, I am talking about a cat. When I wrote a post introducing you to Ziggy, he was just a 4.4 pound kitten. While it seemed like Sean’s Ramblings could turn into an all-Ziggy blog, I think I’ve been somewhat restrained in not writing about him constantly.

Since I need to come up with 30 posts in 30 days for NaBloPoMo, I thought I would share a Ziggy update. Our little kitty is now a 13.3 pound cat after getting an official weigh-in from the vet Tuesday night. Ziggy was 12.8 pounds last year, so he’s gained a little weight in 2010, though our vet did mention that Ziggy is “long.” (Yes, that’s what she said!)


(This is still my favorite picture of Ziggy.)

I do have two new Ziggy stories to share. After years of questioning whether he was a Pittsburgh Steelers fan since he refuses to use the Steelers bed we purchased for him, he finally showed his black and gold colors. On Sunday night, I fell asleep during the fourth quarter of the Steelers-Saints game. Ziggy kindly tapped me on my leg to make sure that I woke up to see the Steelers attempted comeback. Sure, he may have wanted his evening snack, but I think he wanted to make sure I didn’t miss any of the Steelers game.

Finally, Ziggy apparently doesn’t want to be showed in such a positive light. In the middle of writing this post, Ziggy climbed up to our fireplace mantle and knocked over a glass candlestick. Only the candle survived. Thanks Zig!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi, I am happy to get this vital information through your website. The things which we can not get on other sites its possible on your website that is why I like your posts and website.
digital marketing company in delhi