Friday, May 29, 2009

Black Card

When Ziggy wakes me up at 4:00 a.m. by playing with the bedroom blinds, I sometimes think to myself, I wish I had 24-hour concierge service. It would be so nice to call someone whenever I wanted to ask about vacation ideas and travel guides and whatever else concierges do. Well, imagine my excitement when I received such an offer in the mail. Besides the 24-hour concierge service, I would also get luxury gifts, be a part of an exclusive rewards program and have my very own patent pending carbon card. All of this could be mine since I received an invitation to apply for "the world’s most prestigious and versatile credit card," the Visa Black Card. The Director of Customer Experience sent me a personal invitation "limited to only 1% of U.S. residents." Someone must have made a huge mistake to ever include me in the 1% of anything in the United States.*

So anyway, all I need to do to have my own Black Card is pay an annual fee of $495, and I’m in. That’s not $4.95 or $49.50; that’s $495. I would have to pay $495 a year just for the honor of using the card to spend even more money. Although as a young boy, I always dreamed of having a patent pending carbon credit card, I think I’ll pass.

Credit card companies must really be struggling in the current economy and with the recent legislation passed by Congress and signed into law by President Obama to invite me into the black card club. Therefore, being the good consumer that I am, I'll give you a link to the Black Card website in case you want your own card.



* Actually, there are approximately 300 million people in the U.S. Take 1% of that, and I’ve got to have one of the best 3 million blogs. (Right?)

3 comments:

lacochran said...

The chutzpah!

I prefer the AmEx Blue card. No annual fee (ever) and *they* pay *me* for purchases. That's the kind of card I like.

Visa Consultant said...

This post is very useful for those people who are used to for travel world wide and who are always to ready for go abroad, specially for those people who want to go European countries like UK. You blog is not a blog it is a informational guide for us. we appreciate your work. Keep it up

Luxury Serviced Apartments Lady said...

I see your point, having a concierge to sort my life out would be amazing!