Monday, April 06, 2009

Sean's 2009 Fantasy Baseball Teams

If you're ever going to get a flat tire, I highly recommend that it happens on I-66 Eastbound between Courthouse and Rosslyn on a late Sunday afternoon when the weather is perfect and you can maneuver your car into the shoulder on an exit ramp. Thanks to the Virginia State officer and AAA guy who were both extremely nice and arrived quickly. I wish I could write something funny here, but my tire is being fixed as I type this, and there's not much else to the story.

Meanwhile, I participated in my second of two National League-only fantasy baseball league drafts this weekend and figured that I would share my results. I know that no one cares about other people's fantasy teams, so that's why I included the flat tire story above. Anyway, these are both keeper leagues which is why I have Hanley Ramirez at $19.

Here is my roster in the league I really, really care about (this is the 19th year of the league and my 18th season in it; I have never finished in 1st):

Bengie Molina C SF $10
Yorvit Torrealba C COL $1
Adrian Gonzalez 1B SD $34
Casey Blake 3B LA $13
Bill Hall 3B MIL $9
Mike Fontenot 2B CHC $10
Miguel Tejada SS HOU $15
Jeff Keppinger SS HOU $3
Garret Anderson OF ATL $7
Brian Giles OF SD $7
Raul Ibanez OF PHI $20
Fred Lewis OF SF $4
Nate McLouth OF PIT $15
Utility - Chris Duffy OF MIL (Yes, the same Chris Duffy, Pirates fans) $1

Chris Carpenter P STL $6
Josh Johnson P FLA $10
Paul Maholm P PIT $5 10
Ross Ohlendorf P PIT $4
Jake Peavy P SF $36
Mark Prior P SD $1
Jon Rauch P ARI $7
Max Scherzer P ARI $10
Jose Valverde P HOU $30

The bigger money league (this is year #6 for me; no wins in the league either):

Chris Iannetta C COL $4
Ivan Rodriguez C HOU $6
Derrek Lee 1B CHC $23
Pedro Feliz 3B PHI $6
Travis Ishikawa 1B SF $18
Jeff Baker 2B COL $10
Hanley Ramirez SS FLA $19
Miguel Tejada SS HOU
Rick Ankiel OF STL $10
Jay Bruce OF CIN $12
Juan Pierre OF LA $7
Ryan Spilborghs OF COL $5
Chris Young OF ARI $15
Utility - Pedro Alvarez 3B PIT $5

Dave Bush P MIL $7
Ryan Franklin P STL $4
Jair Jurrjens P ATL $7
Hong-Chih Kuo P LA $1
Paul Maholm P PIT $6
Johan Santana P NYM $41
Ian Snell P PIT $6
Huston Street P COL $10
Todd Wellemeyer P STL $10

I ended up leaving $16 on the table in this league. Ugh.

Is it bad that I have 3 Pirates on each team (not including John Grabow and Ross Ohlendorf as reserves in my second league)?

Have a flat tire-free Monday!

No comments: