Thursday, March 19, 2009

TMI Thursday: My First Kiss

Discussing my bathroom habits and embarrassing myself by admitting that I enjoy certain songs and television shows in my previous TMI Thursdays have not been difficult to share. This post is a little different, as prior to last week, I never admitted this to anyone. I think I’m setting up unrealistic expectations for what I’m about to reveal, but I guess that’s up to you.

Let’s go back in time to homecoming during my sophomore year of high school. I asked a beautiful girl to the dance, and amazingly, she said yes. Prior to the dance I watched a television show in which the main character attended a high school dance and contemplated making a move on his date. The character told his friend his plan that during a slow song when the time was right, he would either lick, nuzzle, or breathe heavily on his date’s ear (or something like that). I don’t remember the actual move, but it’s not as disturbing as it sounds (I hope). Anyway, the character hypothesized that if his date did not recoil, she would be open to him kissing her. He tried this at the dance and was successful. Therefore, I realized that I must try this same move. It worked on television, so of course it would work in real life! Surprisingly, it actually did work in real life. So I would like to thank this guy for giving me the guide to my first kiss:



Yes, Doogie Howser, M.D. told his best friend Vinnie Delpino his plan and then kissed Wanda Plenn at the high school dance. I think Doogie and Wanda lived happily ever after, although according to IMDB, Neil Patrick Harris was in all 90 episodes while Wanda only appeared in 48 shows. As for me and my date, after the kiss, I asked her to be my girlfriend. She said yes, and we dated for 8 whole days before she broke up with me. However, we became good friends through the rest of high school and beyond, attended each other’s weddings and still keep in touch today even though I should do a much better job of maintaining contact.

Oh, if Neil Patrick Harris or Wanda (Lisa Dean Ryan) happens to read this post, can you please tell me the actual move. It couldn’t be licking her ear, could it?

As always, visit Live It, Love It for more TMI Thursdays.

Finally, don't forget to wear a sweater tomorrow (Friday, March 20) in honor of "Won't You Be My Neighbor? Day" for Mister Rogers' birthday.

I'm not sure if Mister Rogers would have liked TMI Thursday, but I hope that you do!

3 comments:

rachaelgking said...

Ohhh, this is so cute! Though I am POSITIVE Mr. Rogers would not approve of my TMIs, I will still wear a sweater in his honor tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

I completely remember this episode of Doogie Howser. I was totally in love with NPH as a teenager (still think he's hilarious).

Maybe you can find it on hulu.com and see if the secret trick will work on that wife of yours!
http://www.hulu.com/doogie-howser-md

Anonymous said...

NPH is and always will be THE MAN. i'm glad he helped you get through this life milestone!