Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Name That Tune

Welcome to a new edition of name that tune. Lyrics from five songs are listed below. Your challenge is to name the song title and artist. Please try not to search the internet for the answers. Either you know the songs or you don't.

There is also a specific connection for all of these songs or artists. Feel free to guess this link/puzzle as well. (I'll give a hint if needed.)

1. He smiled so I got up and asked for his name
That don’t matter, he said cause its all the same

2. It starts out easy, something simple, something sleazy, something inching past the edge of the reserve.

3. Springsteen, Madonna
way before Nirvana
there was U2 and Blondie
and music still on MTV

4. So bring your good times, and your laughter too

5. Daddy wrestles alligators
Mama works on carborators
Her brother is a fine mediator
For the president

Good luck!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. I Love Rock N Roll- Joan Jett

2. I have no clue...

3. We Didn't Start The Fire- Billy Joel

4. Celebration- Kool and the Gang

5. Meet Virginia- Train

Anonymous said...

i got nothing

Sean said...

Jess - You answered 1, 4 & 5 correctly. Good guess with We Didn't Start the Fire for #2, but Blondie, U2, etc. were not part of the song.

Anonymous said...

I don't know those other 2 either but my guess for the overall theme is that you're going to a concert.

Anonymous said...

# 3 had a great video - made me laugh every time - It's called "1985" - can't remember the group's name, though.

Sean said...

Christine - The video for 1985 is very funny. The group: Bowling for Soup.

The lyrics for #2 are much more difficult. Here's a major hint - The video for this song features the group on treadmills.

Amy - You are correct.

Joan Jett, Bowling for Soup and OK Go (the band for #2) are all performing as well as Emerson Drive at Celebrate Fairfax this weekend.

Song #4 - Celebration; song #5 - Meet Virginia...the festival takes place in Virginia (I couldn't think of any songs with "Fairfax" in the title or lyrics).

More on Celebrate Fairfax soon.

Dixie said...

I found this through lacochran's, saw your little quiz, and right away knew them all, so I feel I should answer.

1. I love Rock and Roll - Joan Jett

2. Here it Goes Again - OKGo

3. 1985 - Bowling for Soup

4. Celebration - Kool and the Gang

5. Meet Virginia - Train

Wish I didn't live in Arizona so I could come see Joan Jett and OKGo, I am a huge fan of both. ^_^

Sean said...

Very nicely done Dixie. Feel free to visit from lacochran's blog at any time!