Monday, February 25, 2008

2008 Pitt Football Schedule

The University of Pittsburgh’s 2008 football schedule was released on Monday:

August 30 – Bowling Green
September 6 – Buffalo
September 20 – Iowa
September 27 – at Syracuse
October 2 – at South Florida
October 18 – at Navy
October 25 – Rutgers
November 1 – at Notre Dame
November 8 – Louisville
November 22 – at Cincinnati
November 28 – West Virginia for the Backyard Brawl
December 6 – at Connecticut

Overall, I like Pitt’s schedule. I’m glad that Pitt is playing Notre Dame again, and I think the series with Iowa will be good. Personally, I haven’t been to a Pitt football game in several years, so I am excited for the likelihood of going to the Navy game in Annapolis. My only real complaint is the fact that Pitt-West Virginia is not the final game of the season. The Backyard Brawl really should be the last game for both teams.

More on the schedule at the Post-Gazette, Pitt Blather (here and here) and the official athletic website of the University of Pittsburgh.

No comments: