Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Obsession

This is my busiest time of year, but has nothing to do with work or social activities. I am currently spending any free time with fantasy sports. My first of four fantasy football league drafts took place last night (Gobo has a brief recap), and I’m gearing up for the final month of the fantasy baseball league season for my two leagues. While four fantasy football leagues are probably a bit excessive, I only truly care about two of them. Actually, I take that back; I can be competitive so I care about all four, but I’m only really focusing on two of the four. As for baseball, I’m currently in third place out of twelve teams in both leagues. It does not look promising for a championship in either league. Have I mentioned that I hate Dontrelle Willis?

Over the past few days, I also spent time researching television shows for the upcoming season for the Alison LaPlaca Open TV Death Pool. I’ve selected my ten shows, which I will share here soon. As a reminder, the deadline to sign up for the LaPlaca Open is August 31, 2007 at 11:59 PM EDT.

Finally, I was recently interviewed for an article about the business of fantasy sports, which should be available any day now. While I’m not going to link the article here (if you want the link, e-mail me at seanramblings at yahoo[dot]com), I’m a little scared to see how my fantasy obsession is portrayed in print by someone who has never met me.

No comments: