Saturday, November 18, 2006

Ohio State-Michigan

I'm having a hard time with today's game. I received my graduate degree from The Ohio State University and attended about ten football games when I lived in Columbus. Granted, I was OSU the last two years of the John Cooper era, so the team was not as good as past and present Buckeye teams. Therefore, as an OSU alum, I am rooting for the Buckeyes.

On the other hand, I really like Steve Breaston, the leading punt returner in Big 10 history (I believe), who went to my high school as did Michigan's Ryan Mundy and Ohio State's Devon Lyons, but as a sophomore, Lyons does not play much. Besides Breaston, I'm kind of rooting for Michigan because of the passing of Bo Schembechler yesterday.

Well, I guess I'll just watch the game and appreciate some (hopefully) really good college football.

Oh, I want to thank ABC for showing Ohio State's marching band (TBDBITL). You have to get goose bumps watching them do Script Ohio.

2 comments:

Beakerz said...

But.....did you watch WVU kick the shit outta everytihng?!

congrats on OSU so far. Big fan there too. 28-14 as of now.

Sean said...

I've written this before (during the Pittsnogle era), but I like WVU. I was actually proud of Pitt for leading WVU at halftime last Thursday. Of course, watching Pitt all season, I knew that the run defense was not going to stop Slaton and White.

Just for the record, I don't want to see an OSU-Michigan rematch. Of course, I don't want to see USC or Notre Dame in the Championship game either. OSU-WVU would make me happy.