Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Apology

I want to apologize for the Steelers loss to the Jacksonville Jaguars last night. Some people might credit the stifling Jacksonville defense and the effective Jags offense who, although only scored 9 points, dominated the time of possession (37:25 to 22:35) and seemed to convert on nearly every big third down. Some people may criticize the Steelers defense for giving up 362 total yards or the offense for only getting 26 rushing yards and 153 total yards. I'm sure that's what you will hear on talk radio today.

In actuality, it's my fault. I wasn't wearing my Louis Lipps jersey or any other Steelers geaer. I wasn't even wearing my Heinz pickle watch. Apparently, just having my Terrible Towel isn't enough. Lesson learned, and I'll be more prepared next week.

4 comments:

Archi said...

Yeah, the game sucked. Though I was wise enough to pick the Jags in my office pool...so that ought to pick me up a point on the rest of those mindless Steeler-pickers! ;)

Sean said...

I had Leftwich in my second fantasy football league, and I really hoped he would run or throw for a TD with less than 2 minutes when we all knew the game was over. Since he didn't (and I had the Jaguars D on my bench), I lost.

Anonymous said...

It was also our fault; Freebird did not go to school wearing his Roethlisberger jersey, his Steelers bib, or his fine Steelers socks. We are equally to blame.

Sean said...

My boss didn't wear her Steelers jersey either. I guess it was an off-night for the Steelers and all Steelers fans.