Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Catching Up - Part II

- My ultimate frisbee recreational season is over. Although I worked all weekend, I was able to play in the first half of the quarterfinal match on Sunday. I left at 7-4 and heard that it wasn't that close in the 2nd half. My team lost a close match in the semi-finals. Overall, a very good season!

- It was somewhat spooky hearing and seeing the title "World News Tonight with Peter Jennings" this evening. I wonder how long ABC will keep the title. Although I don't watch the evening news as often as I used to, I always go to ABC News for any significant event. Therefore, I watched Peter Jennings during 9-11, the Presidential elections and during any international event where he always seemed to be. He seemed to be great at summarizing the major points, keeping the viewers informed and really attempt to get to the heart of the story.

- I have been very encouraged about the stories today of people saying that they are going to stop smoking because of Peter Jennings' battle with lung cancer.

- On a much lighter note, Ithaca College football is ranked #17 in the preseason Division III football Top 25. Go Bombers!

No comments: