Thursday, July 07, 2005

Vacation

I'm heading to San Diego Friday morning for a friend's wedding and a much needed vacation. It will actually be good timing since I really don't want to deal with the Washington area Metro the next few days after the tragedy in London.

I am not a security official and I am not going to play one here, but how can authorities stop terrorism in subways/public transportation? Britain has been hit in the past by IRA bombings, and we are not far-removed from the Madrid attack. It seems like it would be nearly impossible to stop a bombing in New York or Washington. Of course, I'm not going to stop using the Metro. It is the best way to get to and from work. I'm not sure where I'm going with this post. I probably need to go back to packing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There was an article in this morning's Star-Ledger (Northern NJ paper) about how mass transit will always be vulnerable if we want to keep it reasonably efficient. I'm not sure there's anything we can really do.