Thursday, July 14, 2005

Metro

Today was the first time I took Metro to work since the terrorist attacks in London. I didn't notice any extra security during either trip, but there seemed to be more people riding Metro both to work and back home than there has been in months. Same with the buses. I have no idea why. The shocking Metro event of the day was the posting on the electronic bulletin board saying that there were no reported elevator outages!!!!! (The exclamation points were on the bulletin board, not my reaction to this news.) Of course, escalators may have been out all over the place, but I'll be happy for the people who need to use elevators.

I'll have more about my San Diego trip including my thoughts on the airplane movies (Fever Pitch and The Ice Princess) tomorrow and/or over the weekend.

No comments: