Monday, May 02, 2005

Take Me Out to the Ballgame

Over the last few years, I have noticed more and more players have theme songs before they bat to get them pumped up. When I went to the Nationals game a few weeks ago, the PA guy/DJ played "Walking in Memphis" by Marc Cohn before one of the players came to bat. While I like the song, this was the most random song I have ever heard before a player batted. Fortunately, since the Nats are so new, they don't have theme songs yet, so it Walking in Memphis was only played once (what an awful sentence!).

Anyway, it got be thinking. If (when?) I become a major league baseball player, what song would I want before I went to bat? Here are some thoughts:

Ready to Go - Republica
It Take Two - Rob Base & DJ EZ Rock
Most Nelly songs (particularly "Shake Ya Tail Feather" with P Diddy & Murphy Lee)
The Distance - Cake
(Just to throw off the pitcher) Man, I Feel Like a Woman - Shania Twain

No comments: