Wednesday, May 25, 2005

The Refrigerator Diaries

You may remember earlier this year, I wrote about my continuous problems with the heat in my home. There have also been problems with our refrigerator. In the last few weeks, it has been worse. We regularly find puddles of water next to the refrigerator and a few times, the drinks on the top shelf have become frozen even though the temperature was never changed.

Today, we had a repair person check out the frig. There are several parts that need to be replaced such as the evaporation drain, compressor drain and F.F. gasket. I honestly have no idea what these things are or what F.F. stands for but I know that it's not worth it to pay $300+ for parts (not including labor) for an old refrigerator. Besides realizing that we need to buy a new refrigerator (there goes the soccer ref $$), I'm extremely frustrated with the warranty company. When we bought our home in September, we got a 1-year warranty to cover the major appliances and equipment. Well, the warranty didn't cover the heat problems and does not cover fixing the frig (or give us $ towards purchasing a new frig). Needless to say, I have no idea why we have the warranty or what it does. I'm going to call the warranty company to complain on Thursday or Friday, but I know nothing is going to happen. I guess I just want to vent.

No comments: