Monday, February 07, 2005

Pittsburgh Sports Update

Even though the football season is completely over, I am still following Pittsburgh sports. OK, I'll be honest, I never stop following Pittsburgh sports. Some positives and negatives in the Pittsburgh sports scene.

Plus: The University of Pittsburgh football team hired Greg Gattuso to be on the recruiting coordinator and tight ends coach. Gattuso did a great job turning Duquesne into a Division I-AA power. With the hiring of Dave Wannstedt, I'm excited about Pitt's football future.

Minus: Pitt basketball lost to West Virginia on Saturday night. I don't understand this team. They beat Syracuse and Connecticut, the past two national champions and both in the Top 15, but lose to Bucknell and St. Johns.

Plus: Former Pitt football player Hank Poteat was out of the NFL pretty much all season. Now he has a Super Bowl ring with New England.

Plus: Pittsburgh Pirates pitchers and catchers report to Spring Training in 9 days, 15 hours and 28 minutes.

Minus: The Pittsburgh Penguins won't be playing hockey for a long, long time.

Minus: Terry Bradshaw's goatee looked terrible.

No comments: